How involved do I, the dentist have to be to run a successful school? Everything You Need to Know

Do I have to have a license from the state to open a school?

Yes.  You must be licensed by the state in which you operate, and the cost for State licensing is covered by your Dentist owned Dental Assistant School Curriculum and license purchase.  The cost for licensing varies by state and by such factors as how many instructors are to be registered.

How long does it take to set up my Dentist owned Dental Assistant School?

Licensing with the state is the most time-consuming factor involved with setting up your school.   It varies by state. Typically 4 – 8 months depending on your state.

How involved do I, the dentist, have to be to run a successful school?

The dentist will make the practice available for the school facility.  In many cases, the school’s day to day operation will not require the dentist’s participation.  The school will have a Director that has been approved by the state.  The state may require certain qualifying factors, which dentists easily meet and thus are readily approved.  Obviously, each state will have their own unique requirements.  The school can be totally run by qualified Hygienists or Dental Assistants who, as instructors, handle most hands-on teaching as well as conduct the lectures and labs.

What is the cost of the Dentist owned Dental Assistant School course, content, and license?

Prices start at $39k (prices may vary based on state licensing requirements).

NOTE: Our school system is the only one that does not require an ongoing royalty fee. Our price is a one-time flat fee.

How do I get students?

In our system we provide a complete implementation program wherein we provide: administration, enrollment, registration and most importantly the marketing needed to get students.

I have a small office. How much room do I have to have to do this?

This system works in all size offices. You can hold the classes in your lobby area and up to 3 students in each op for the chairside training.

What type of lab equipment do I need to purchase for my training center? Are there any other outside costs I should know about?

For the most part, the equipment required for the labs is already available in the dental practice. If your office is strictly digital, it is recommended that you purchase an X-ray film processor. Five students per instructor is a comfortable ratio for very effective lab work.  Thus, the more operatories, the better. All other costs are incidentals such as printing and copying labs and test handouts, etc.  Please include your Email address with your territory inquiry to Dentist owned Dental Assistant Schools.

I only plan on doing one or two classes per year (for now).  Is that cost effective?

Yes. Within two class sessions per year the school can generate up to $53k in net profit.

Do I need general liability insurance or Do I need a general liability insurance policy?

Yes, you will need $1m general liability policy that should cost $300 per year.

What do I do about the key to my office after hours? 

The key to your office should be handled by a trusted front office.

How much is tuition?

$2950 – $4500 depending on the city your school is located in.

What is the average number of students that will be attending my school each session?

6 – 20 students per class.

Become A School Owner Today, Call Us (800) 906-0954
Direct legal funding